Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Xavier Rudd

I'm not sure when I began listening to Xavier Rudd, but I can probably figure out why. I am a big fan of the John Butler Trio, also out of Austrailia. Rudd is a one man band, but not in a Keller Williams sense. He plays didgeridoo, guitar, drums, and other percussion instruments. An interesting fact I found out is that he uses 14 microphones for the various instruments. I'm not a sound guy, but that seems like a lot of one person. After being signed by Universal two years ago he has released two albums. Solace brought mores fans as he had already sold 10,000 records indepently. During the summer of 2005, he played a lot of shows in the United States including in front of 80,000 people at Bonnaroo. Rudd just released Food in Belly in December, and will be hitting up Austrailia with a Summer tour (Lucky guy, 2 summers.)

Tour Dates

June 28 - Threadgill's, Austin TX - Gift of Trees
April 19, 2003 - Blues & Roots Music Festival - Byron Bay, Austrailia - State of Mind
July 1, 2005 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Conceal Me




And on a side note...I hope Texas holds onto their 16-10 lead over USC. I still have nightmares of the Notre Dame game.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't his sound remind you of Paul Simon A LOT? Go Horns Go!

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter