Saturday, January 07, 2006

Taste of Cheese (Wisconsin Exposure 2 of 5)

Anyone else from Wisconsin or Minnesota notice the explosiveness of Fat Maw Rooney? While my two years at WSUW I had heard about FMR from the guys of Stealin' Strings, and I was finally able to see them last October as they opened for the Big Wu. After watching the Stealin' Strings set my friends weren't too interested in staying for the Big Wu, but I convinced them to see FMR after I had heard all the hype about them. FMR that night put on quite a show while keeping the crowd busy with the danceable grooves. On New Years they played at Olympia in Oconomowoc, WI with the Northwoods Band.

Jan 5-7
Lutsen, MN
Lutsen Mountain
Fri, Jan 20
Neenah, WI
Cranky Pat's Pizzeria
Fri, Feb 3
Winona, MN
The Black Horse
Sat, Feb 4
Eau Claire, WI
The House of Rock
Fri, Feb 10 (8:30pm)
Milwaukee, WI
The Miramar Theatre
Fri, Feb 17 (8pm)
Minneapolis, MN
The Cabooze

FMR - End of the Beginning (Studio)
FMR - The Bluegrass is Always Greener
FMR - Shine On

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter