Saturday, December 31, 2005

Best of 2005

Four more hours until the ball drops and 2005 and I would like to take the time and reflect on the past twelve months. Graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater was probably th biggest accomplishment personally, but I was exposed to a lot more music then I ever have been in my life. I started this blog for a place where I could post my radio show setlists, little did I know that I would be posting almost everyday. I don't even think I ever saw a blog until eight months ago, but here I am in December giving my Best Of 2005 list....

Best Live Show - The White Stripes - September 8 - The Rave
After years of listening to their albums, and live music I finally got to see Jack and Meg live at The Rave. School had just started, and I was still wearing off my Summer hangover. I would have to give String Cheese Incident's BIG Summer Classic performance live from Summerfest a close second, but the White Stripes blew me away.

Best Festival - 10,000 Lakes Festival in Minnesota
I attended 10KLF for the first time this year, and it won't be the last. The lineup was great including the Black Crowes, Widespread Panic, and I finally caught the highly talked about Sound Tribe Sector 9. I remember hearing a lot about STS9 before heading to the festival, but once again this was my favorite act of the festival. I also got to hear MOFRO, Particle, and Les Claypool for the first time.

The Top 5 Albums of 05 (the short list)




Sound Tribe Sector 9 - Artifact






My Morning Jacket - Z







New Monsoon - The Sound







Lotus - Nomad





and finally....Spoon - Gimme Fiction (its the odd one of the bunch, but I'm hooked)




Drink of the Year: Apple Pie
....I'm serious! While writing this post, I got handed a bottle with this wonderful drink....The explanation is apple juice, apple cider, boil it, and then add cinnamon sticks, mix in the everclear and let sit for a day or so....so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter