Monday, August 08, 2005

How Ya Feelin?



I happened to be lucky enough to catch the BIG Summer Classic at Summerfest during the summer. It was my second time there that week because I was able to catch Robert Randolph and Galactic on the 4th of July.

Out of all the bands at the BIG Summer Classic that included SCI, YMSB, New Monsoon, Keller Williams, Umphrey's McGee, and finally the band that stood out from the rest was Michael Franti & Spearhead. There was something special Franti and the entire band. Spearhead would've have been great to see without Franti but with his powerful political voice thundering over the crowd I was awe struck. The next day I immediatly picked up a copy of a few of their shows one from Red Rocks and the other from the All Good Festival on July 16. So I decided to find out some more information about Michael Franti & Spearhead. Here is some more links where you can find out more information about Michael Franti & Spearhead.


Michael Franti took a recent trip to Iraq and Israel. You can check out his interview with jahworks.com here.

Franti's video documentary is headed to the Slamdance Film Festival. The documentary is titled "I Know I'm Not Alone" and covers his trip to the Middle East.

Their headed to Jam Cruise 2006. A glance at the lineup includes Galactic, Les Claypool, Keller Williams, and Umphrey's McGee.

And finally, Superfly Productions is at it again by announcing a Halloween festival in Las Vegas called Vegoose. Hopefully, this doesn't turn into another Zooma Tour or Bonnaroo Northeast. I think this one will be successful and I wouldn't mind going to Las Vegas for my first time.

Until next time...here is a active torrent for some Michael Franti & Spearhead from Pier's Landing in Pittsburgh.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Visitor Counter